Provides Administrative and logistical support to the Country Programme through information processing, storage and dissemination; procurement and distribution and maintenance of schedules. Performing general administrative duties, the position supervises and coordinates asset management, procurement, logistics and transport functions. He/she will work closely with information technology support service provider to ensure that the IT and communications system is running efficiently at the country program.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Coordinate the daily operation of country program (35%)
- Provide first line response to public enquiries.
- Maintain a record of outgoing calls as appropriate
- Attend to switchboard for incoming and outgoing calls.
- Direct visitors to relevant offices for assistance.
- Maintain a schedule of staff movement appointment.
- Work in collaboration with the IT providers, oversee design and implementation of an effective and efficient information system.
- Supervise/oversee, coach and delegate the work of administrative support staff in the head office/field offices enabling them to achieve the goals.
- Participate in formulating and documenting the Heifer Zambia adminstration policies and strategies in line with the Heifer International Global policies.
- Maintain daily communication by email, fax or telephone with staff in the field offices, Africa Area Program countries and HQ, ensuring all pertinent information is disseminated internally.
- Coordinate travel missions for staff, visa process, flight bookings, hotel accommodations for staff proceeding for workshops/conferences abroad as requested.
- Ensure overall management and maintenance of organization assets including vehicles, office equipment and furtniture.
- Ensure monthly vehicle reports and maintain an up to date asset register.
Facilitate all country office Procurements (30%)
- Lead the country office procurement process ensuring adherence to Heifer International and donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and chair the procurement committee to deliberate on where to procure.
- Submit purchase orders to suppliers as requested.
- Lead the process for the solicitation and maintenance of the pre-qualified register of suppliers for goods and services.
- Act as liaison for the maintenance of the organization's vendors for services including phone, electricity, water, internet, cleaning and other office supplies.
Provide administrative support to the Country Program (20%)
- Schedule appointments and conferences.
- Participate in staff recruitment, primarily junior administrative staff; manage staff orientation, collect and compile staff data, Assist in staff contract renewals process.
- Maintain all personnel records including personal files and other records.
- Coordinate and track staff time-sheets, staff leaves, medical cover renewals as appropriate.Process and maintain all employee positions in Agresso as appropriate.
- Process new hires information into Agresso and send workforce.
- Train new staff on Heifer Systems to complete timesheets, registration, password change ( email and corral) as requested.
Provide Financial Management support to the Country Office. (15%)
- Manage/handle head-office petty cash transactions, documentation and reconciliation. In addition, counter-check regional petty-cash reconciled before forwarding to the finance team.
- Support Finance Team/Contracted Auditors during annual audits of the program.
- Produce and prepare monthly reports for payroll processing.
- Bachelor Business Administration or any related qualification. Plus two (2) yearsâ?? demonstrated experience managing an office or providing administrative support, preferably in a non-profit/non-governmental organization.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Excellent organization skills including strong attention to detail.
- A clear grasp of HR/Labour issues.
- A strong background in NGO Work.
- Working knowledge of computer-based word processing and spreadsheet applications(Microsoft Office Suite preferred).
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, Shona, and IsiNdebele.
- Must have self-drive and be acutely time-sensitive.
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management, training facilitation, and coaching.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.Have the ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively, both locally and internationally.
- Willingness and ability to work with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity teamwork and cooperation.Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments.
- Ability to carry and lift up to 20 pounds ( 9kilogram) flor-to waist if able.Proven Leadership and administrative skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to Gender Equality.
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com