The Program Assistant is a member of the Programs Team and will assist with the implementation and management of school health activities within a designated zone of Lusaka.
S/he will help execute project objectives and priorities to ensure they are completed on schedule and at high quality. S/he will help coordinate and evaluate school health activities. A significant role of this position will be to provide supervision, mentorship and technical support to our trained School Health Workers.
The Program Assistant will help to ensure that all funds for project activities and services are accounted for. The position will be based in Lusaka.
- Assist Program Officers in developing work-plans, schedules, and budgets
- Help coordinate school health activities within designated zone (i.e. arranging logistics, procuring supplies, identifying and supervising field personnel)
- Conduct regular school site visits and provide technical support and mentorship to school health teachers
- Assist the program department in implementing quality assurance policies and procedures and ensure timely feedback to the Program Team
- Support the Program Officers and School Health Coordinators to plan and implement School Health Worker monthly mentorship meetings
- Assist in arranging logistics for stakeholder meetings
- Assist the Program Officers in developing performance reviews for school health teachers, partner schools and partner health facilities
- Oversee the management of school sick bays and school health offices
- Help the Program Officers to coordinate supply stocks for the program
- Support in coordinating the timely collection of performance data from school health teachers, health centers and schools
- Draft reports and provide regular formal updates on program implementation and management within the designated zone
- Assist with monitoring costs for project activities
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Programs
PREFERRED SKILLS / PREREQUISITES
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Hard working and a team player
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Excited to work in a fast-growing organisation
- Experience and competence in health program monitoring and evaluation is preferred
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation is a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant degree in social work, nonprofit administration, health or program related field.
- One or more years of experience in program management/administration or equivalent
You can learn more about our work by visiting www.healthylearners.org
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com