As Country Representative you will be responsible for ensuring that We Effect delivers the highest possible quality in its operations in Zambia. The priorities are also to ensure that We Effect and its partner organisations comply to grant agreements, We Effect policies, strategies and quality requirements, and to improve cost efficiency.
We Effect Southern Africa is organised in a team structure where active participation through exchange of experience, continuous dialogue and creation of synergies is stimulated.
As a member of the Regional Management Team, the Country Representatives shall actively contribute to the work and goals of the management teams.
The duty station for this position is at the regional office in Lusaka, Zambia. As Country Representatives you report to the Regional Director at the Regional Office in Lusaka.
You have several years management experience within a civil society context or international development cooperation. You are a feminist with excellent understand of development cooperation in both its theory and practice and you are firmly rooted in the rights based approach. As a leader you are a mature and value based, with the commitment, experience and tools to support your staff to succeed in their roles. As Country Representative it is crucial that you have excellent ability to organize, plan, prioritize and communicate your work.
You share the organisationâ??s vision of a sustainable and just world for all, free from poverty.
- Masterâ??s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Agriculture, Sociology or a related relevant field;
- Experience working in civil society organisations and international development cooperation including organisational development and advocacy.
- At least five years of experience working in a management position within development cooperation (preferably as head of an office)
- In-depth experience from planning, implementation, follow-up and reporting of development cooperation programs/projects.
- Good understanding of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation
- Proven experience in the application of and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach, civil society development and gender perspectives.
- Excellent skills in financial management and budget analysis
- Excellent skills in strategic planning, implementation and follow-up
- Strong oral and written communication skills, works well in a team, excellent deadline management and ease to work towards set goals
- Proficient in computer skills
- Experience from cooperative development work
- Knowledge of Swedish
- Knowledge of Portuguese
The position is open for any nationality with a valid work permit in Zambia. The employment contract is for two years (with the possibility of prolongation) and begins with a 6-months probationary period. The contract starts beginning of 2020.
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation and welcomes all applicants sex, age, sexual identity or orientation, disabilities or ethnical or religious affiliation.
Please send your application to: impactpool.org clearly indicating the position on the subject line with a cover letter that describes how you fit the position and CV at the latest on November 22, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the recruitment process.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organizationâ??s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com