The purpose of this role will be to manage the deployment of Akros surveillance solutions throughout the entire lifecycle: gathering requirements, coordinating engineers, assisting with implementation and related support. The product manager will have a firm grasp of system capabilities among the range of surveillance tools generally accepted and used throughout Africa and Asia: OpenMRS, OpenSRP, ODK, DHIS2, RapidPro, and more. The product manager will also have appropriate levels of software engineering experience, which (s)he will use to guide requirements gathering and translate these into actionable deliverables for subcontracted engineering teams. The product manager will use these complementary skill sets to cast a vision for surveillance solutions in the context of: internal requests from Akros Project Managers/Portfolio Leads, requests for proposals from external clients, concept notes for public presentations and more. The role is visionary and pragmatic.
- Design or improve surveillance system architecture for Akros products and programming.
- Assist Akros staff in defining requirements and business logic, and in testing, refining requirements through alpha/beta test cycles
- Manage engineering teams (subcontracted or internal) in delivering intended architecture/systems.
- Establish relationships with Akros key clients and collaborators through participation in working groups, conferences and more
- Adhere to client and internal reporting requirements
- Anticipate critical bottlenecks and solve or escalate in a timely manner
- Oversee development timelines and deliverables in relation to implementation lifecycles; ensure these timelines are transparent and understood to all stakeholders.
- Contribute to Akros proposal response efforts by casting a vision for feasible yet innovative surveillance system designs
- Improve Akros staff understanding and access to new innovations in surveillance platforms
- Graduate degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Fluency or working knowledge in Java and/or other contemporary languages
- 3 years experience working in Africa or other developing country
- Self-leadership with the ability to work positively in a team environment
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with an approachable demeanor
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence platforms required
Term, Location and Payment
This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia for a period of 12 to 24 months. Salary depends on experience
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com