DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyses the companyâ??s risk portfolios presented by primary underwriters and determine risks retention levels for the company.
- Plans the companyâ??s reinsurance programme to ensure timely negotiations of both treaty and facultative reinsurance with reinsurers and brokers.
- Verifies details of claims on the company and submits them to the reinsurers to ensure that they meet their obligations promptly.
- Negotiates and updates changes or amendments to treaty and facultative agreements approved by company management.
- Verifies a variety of reinsurance accounts and liaises with Finance Department for remittance or reinsurance premiums in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Markets and accepts inward reinsurance business for the company and secures the appropriate reinsurance protection for the business.
- Reviews working relationships with and competence of the reinsurers and reinsurance brokers advising management on the need to continue the relationships.
- Monitors and implements the departmentâ??s annual revenue and expenditure budgets to ensure that reinsurance requirements are adequately funded and controls expenditure within budget.
- To liaise with the reinsurers and brokers with the view of securing technical assistance in underwriting and claims handling management.
- Analytical ability
- Numerical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Degree in Business related studies
- Diploma /degree in insurance
- At least five years working experience in insurance 2 years of which should be in reinsurance
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com