AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
Initiate Order Forms
- Prepare order forms accurately and ensure necessary documentation is attached and send to appropriate signatories for approvals
- Follow up with the Accounts Associate to ensure payment is prepared
- Prepare GPZ Orders to vendors to enable delivery of goods and services
Stores and Inventory management
- Ensure that adequate storage and archiving space is assigned to each study and/or users
- Confirm deliveries made by suppliers and ensure that Goods Received Notes have been raised
- Issue stores requisitions for all items issued out of stores
- Conduct a quarterly stock take for all projects
- Maintain a current inventory of all assets costing more than USD $1000 at the time of purchase and their location.
- Conduct an annual inventory review.
- Ensure equipment, furniture and other items are tagged before being put in use.
- Maintain an asset transfer register
- Maintain archived study files.
- Ensure that the storeroom is maintained in a good working condition at all times i.e, cleanness, humidity, temperature, lighting etc.
- Work closely with suppliers/shippers and clearing agents to ensure goods are cleared on time
- Monitor status of shipments and update the shipment tracking log.
- Note project feedback on state of goods and supplies shipped upon delivery
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry, opening mail, and completing and processing standard procurement forms
- Perform related work as required
- Work collegially as part of the team.
- Communicate openly and honestly about issues, and/or problems that may arise.
- Actively participate in problem solving
- All candidates must have demonstrated excellent work experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word
- The candidate will need to fill out online Adobe forms
- Ability to apply procurement terminology and using sheets and /or automated procurement systems
- Good interpersonal, collaborative and problem-solving skills
- Must be honest, transparent, detail-oriented and must work under minimum supervision
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management (CIPS)
- Minimum of 2 years progressive work experience in a related field preferably with an international organisation.
- Minimum two years experience in stores and shipment management is preferred
- Proficiency in procurement procedures and the Procurements Act
- A professional certificate and affiliation to a relevant accounting procurement professional body is a must
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com